Please ignore – this is a test of notifications from the Householder Yogi blog. If you are receiving this, it is because you asked to be notified via email of changes to householder-yogi.net.
The site has moved from our Tera-Byte hosting to Slicehost. Much gratitude to Tera-Byte who served us well for many years and provided excellent support along the way. Our domain registration is now handled by DynDNS. Email is being setup for the houesholder-yogi domains, but is not ready yet.
Yes, you can wipe away your surprise. That was a new post. At long last, there will be more new posts after too much time away. The site will be going through some changes, moving to a new host, moving our domain registration away from GoDaddy to DynDNS (GoDaddy, your sexist ads are obnoxious, no more money for you). So, in the next few days we may be up, we may be down, but we will be back. If you see badly formatted pages or unfriendly behavior from the site, please email me (and let me know which browser and version you are using).
Or, to say it in English, we speak Polish.
You can now view the site in either language by clicking on the flags at the top of the sidebar. Many thanks to Dorota for translating the site and to her parents for helping us translate the posts (those will be available in the next couple days). Please send us email and let us know how we can improve the Polish version of the site.
If you want to receive an email whenever Dorota or I add new posts, you can now subscribe or register with the site. You do not need to do both: subscription is less involved, you only provide your email address; registration creates an account on this blog which will allow you to post comments on the site when I eventually enable that feature.
- Click the Subscribe or Unsubscribe link in the Subscribe section of the sidebar to the right. If you right-click the link and select Open Link in New Window, you will be able to keep these instructions open while you follow them.
- In the subscription form, enter your email, and click the Send button
- In less than a minute, you should receive an email with a confirmation link
- Click the link enclosed in the email
- You will be taken to a page informing you that your subscription is complete
- To unsubscribe, follow the same link, select the Unsubscribe button and click the Send button. Wait for the email, and click the enclosed link to complete the process.
- Click the Register link in the Subscribe section of the sidebar to the right. If you right-click the link and select Open Link in New Window, you will be able to keep these instructions open while you follow them.
- In the registration form, enter a username, enter your email, and click the Register button
- In less than a minute, you should receive an email with your password and a link
- Write down your password
- Click the link included in the email
- In the login form, enter your username, enter your password, and click the Login button
- Update your user information – most importantly by changing the password to something you will remember – and click the Update Profile button
- Click the Subscriptions link (near the top of the page, next to Your Profile and under Profile)
- Set your Notification Settings and Subscribed Categories. For best looking results, select HTML. Select Yes to automatically subscribe to new categories. Select Select All to subscribe to all the current categories.
- Click the Update Preferences button if you made any changes
- Click View Site at the top of the page (next to Householder Yogi) to return to the front page
The link in the Subscribe section of the sidebar is now Site Admin. You can use this link to change your profile and subscription choices. In the future, if you return to the site and are not logged in, click Login and enter your username and password to Login.
I have tried repeatedly to write a profound and illuminating first post, full of insight, wit, and wisdom. But, just as a child is born when it is ready to enter the world (whether the parents are ready or not), this blog is saying ‘now is the time!’, whether the words are there or not.
So, why am I finally joining the rest of the world and erecting my own personal soapbox? Primarily, because very soon my beautiful wife will give birth to our first child, a boy, and this is a place for us to share stories and images with family and friends. It is also an opportunity for me to write about the Petit-like balancing act of spiritual life, family life, and day-to-day living in New York City.
I aim to post at least once a week and hope you will return to follow our adventures. You can also subscribe to the syndicated feed using the Atom or RSS links in the ‘other’ section of the sidebar to the right, and eventually I will add email notification of new posts.
Why is this post titled ‘Hello World’? ‘Hello world’ is often the first program used to introduce a programming language. Since I am a computer programmer and this entry is the first entry I’ve ever written on the first blog I’ve ever created, it seemed appropriate.